Fee Structure

Counselling sessions generally last about one hour and will usually cost $210, considerably less than The Australian Psychological Society’s recommended fee of $246 for a one hour session. Fees are payable at the time of consultation and can be paid with cash or by electronic transfer using Visa, Mastercard or Bankcard.

You do not need a referral to see a psychologist but you may qualify for some rebates if you have one. Wendy McLean Psychology is also registered with Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) and WorkCover.

Medicare Rebates

Wendy McLean is a registered Medicare Provider. The Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative introduced new mental health Medicare items on 1 November 2006. These items enable people with diagnosed mental disorders to access services from a range of mental health services providers, including psychologists. Medicare will allow for 10 sessions per calendar year to be rebated by Medicare. To qualify for these rebates you will need your GP and to provide a “MENTAL HEALTH CARE PLAN”. You will need to pay upfront first before taking the invoice to your local Medicare Office to obtain your rebate.


Many health funds offer members a Health Industry Claims and Payment Services automatic claims processing service. Wendy uses HICAPS as a convenient, time saving payment method. Check with your health fund for more details.

Victims of Crime

Victims of violent crimes that have occurred in NSW may be eligible for free, face to face counselling through the Victims of Crime Approved Counselling Scheme. For more information, please contact Victim’s Services.

Worker’s Compensation

We provide psychological services for clients who have suffered work related injuries. Discuss this with your doctor, rehabilitation provider or Workcover case manager if you think that you may be eligible.

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance

We are able to offer services to clients that have suffered psychological harm as a result of an accident covered by Compulsory Third Party (or CTP) insurance. Please contact your doctor or rehabilitation provider to learn if you may be eligible for this service.